• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEXT NOT EXPORTING PROPERLY FROM INDESIGN EPUB REFLOWABLE

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone tell me from the screenshot attached, why I do get such result after exporting to Epub reflowable from Indesign 2018?
How do I solve this problem, I have played with my leading size but it just change directions 
Is it due to the drop cap or what ?,
text.PNG

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the InDesign forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop caps are always a challenge with reflowable epubs — especially when traversing formats (like porting to .mobi for Amazon Kindle in not too ancient times, etc.).

There are workarounds, though, which depending on your specific instance, may or may not work for you. You can read more about some of those options in this forum thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/cannot-export-drop-caps-with-reflowable-epub/td-...

As an aside, I'd suggest you may want to open up the leading for your body type independent of the drop caps significantly. You've got descenders crashing in that type as well. For large blocks of text, like you'd use for book layouts, you really want to be generous with line spacing to improve the readability of your copy. Especially in reflowable epubs, where page counts and page reproduction costs are essentially irrelevant and flexibility of text formatting is key.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using such an old version of InDesign? How are you viewing the epub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Adobe Edition and Readium, I am on windows, I do formerly use Indesign 2017 and it was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines