• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text pastes in a different location

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm grabbing a text box from one page in an Indesign document, and pasting it in another page "Paste in place" within the same Indesign document.

When i paste it, the text box remains in the same position, but the text within the box seems to switch from being 'top aligned' in the box to 'bottom aligned'

However when i check the text box properties, they are both top aligned, before and after pasting the text box.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for align to baseline grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. They both are not aligned.  (Wouldn't copy and pasting a text box retain the same align to baseline grid properties, or no?)

When I turn ON baseline grides to view the grids themselves, they look consistent across pages with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an object style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the text boxes are narrower, and if i pull them open "wide' width wise, it changes the text position within the box. Does that provide an additional clue?

It could be object styles, if i brute force change it all to align on the bottom they're consistent. But when they're top aligned it changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if there is not a paragraph return at the end of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading a file in case it helps.

1. page 1 - Page with normal header text I'm trying to copy and paste on the rest of the pages throughout the document "Paste in place"

2. page 2 - Page with misaligned text. When I copy the text from page 1, and paste in place on page 2, the text is now top aligned instead of bottom aligned.

3. page 3 - Wild card. This text moves around depending on if you widen the text box width.

I would love to get to the bottom and know what is going on here so that I can solve the issue on this and multiple files with this issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behaving properly here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the ruler origin in either document? Double-click onm the point where the horizontal and vertial rulers meet to set the zero point to the top left corner. Do this for both documents then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott! I'm "paste in place"-ing within the same document. I posted the document above to Bob feel free to take a gander. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trishaw,

tested your document with InDesign 17.0.1.105 on Windows 10.

I do suspect something…

At what vertical position exactly do you see the baseline of the text on page 1 ?

And where do you see the baseline when you did "Paste in place" on page 2 ?

You perhaps substituted a Source Sans Pro Semibold TrueType font with a Source Sans Pro Semibold OpenType version on your machine. I assume the TrueType version that was originally used was from Google Fonts, but I could be wrong.

To test this, do not substitute the missing Source Sans font styles with e.g. Adobe Fonts equivalents, but use the original Google Font files:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Source+Sans+Pro?query=Source+Sans

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In effect the issue could be something like that:

Space added above and below Source Sans Pro and Roboto Adobe fonts
Laubender, Jun 11, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/space-added-above-and-below-source-sans-pro-and-...

FirstBaseline-GoogleFont-vs-AdobeFont-1.PNG

Your frame on page 1 is showing the baseline like the left text frame in my screenshot from this other thread I linked to.

The pasted text frame is showing the baseline like in the right text frame. Why? Because InDesign has rendered the text frame with the substituted font style.

Just a guess…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines