• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text randomly disappearing while editing - using Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I make any changes on my page random bits of text disappear from view.  This happens if I zoom in/out, add text, change format etc and different bits of text disappear each time.

If I close and re-open the file, all of the text is still there, but as soon as I touch it, it disappears from view again.  I can see that people have had this issue before, but they all seemed to be using Macs, I'm using Windows 11 and InDesign V.17.0.1 x64.

Anybody found the same issue/a solution?  I can't work on any of my documents while this continues.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign version 17.1 is currently rolling out and, hopefully, it will resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, the OP is a Windows user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any adjustments to the UI Scaling in InDesign or the operating system? Have you checked for updated video drivers?

As you've already noted, every complaint I've seen about this is on a Mac. I'm on Windows 11 here with zero issues on my desktop or laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not made any changes to InDesign itself, but have just upgraded to Windows 11.  I just started a new document and copied the text out of the one I was having trouble with, restarted InDesign and all was fine for about 10 minutes, then the same issue again.

This time around if I change fonts, say from "light italic" to "light" chunks of text disappear and anything in "light" is highlighted as font not available.  If I reopen the file, the font not available highlight disappears, but still chunks of text are missing.

Having said that, I've just closed down InDesign, reopened the same file again and everything looks fine and I can change fonts as often as I like with no issues at all.

It's obviously something very hit and miss . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines