• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text-wrap options not working

Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across a few bizarre anomalies when trying to use various options using the fly-out settings. An update last week seems to have fixed a few, in particular my paragraph spacing options that could only be altered using the main options bar across the top of the screen. However this new one appeared this week. I can't add or modify any text wraps by using the fly-out. I can add one via the main menu, but there are limited options there (ie on/off!). You can see in the pic that the text wrap is on the strawberry image (as indicated in the top bar) but that those settings aren't reflected in the fly-out. There's just a hide option, but they're not hidden here. No matter what object in any document I select this is the same. Anyone else having this issue?

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 09.56.48.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern is it not working but losing all my preferences in the exchange 😄

I'm guessing there is a way to save/import all preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern is it not working

It will work

I'm guessing there is a way to save/import all preferences?

http://in-tools.com/article/scripts-blog/preference-manager-script/

Or you can simply make screenshots of your preferences panels if you have customized them. It should take less than 2 minutes to re-customize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips.

Tbh it's more the shortcuts I create. I've used the same ones for as long as I can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcuts are not affected by resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I took the plunge. Good news and bad news - my text wrap and paragraph setting issues are resolved, thanks!

Sadly - shortcuts it would seem actually are affected by resetting preferences 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Spenno:

InDesign does not allow you to change the main shortcuts. When you change the keyboard shortcut, it prompts you to save a new shortcut set. Try going to back to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and opening up the Set menu to see if your saved sets are listed. I just tested it and my saved shortcut sets are still in that menu after resetting prefs.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines