Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textboxes disappear

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community, 

I have a very strange behaviour in InDesign CC 2022: I am layouting a magazine and on some pages (after reopening my file) ALL textboxes and photos seem to be scaled to a super small size and are places on eachother on the middle of the page. I have to rebuild the whole page. This happened on different pages multiple times … 

TOPICS
InCopy workflow , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thomas456789,

Does this happen just on a single document? If so then probably the document is corrupted, try exporting the document to IDML and then resaving it back to INDD.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, only in one document, I will try to do that, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @thomas456789 ,

never experienced this myself, but I once had the chance to look into such a document from someone who reported this here in the forum. The way to resolve it was this:

Do a duplicate on the document file and work with the duplicate.

[1] Add an empty spread before the one where you see the issue.

[2] Go to the damaged spread and use the selection marquee with your Selection tool and select all the tiny elements at the spine. Do not use the menu command Select All.

[3] Use menu command: Copy

[4] Go back to your empty spread.

[5] Use menu command: Paste in Place

If that is working for one damaged spread do this with all other damaged ones as well.

If the issue cannot be resolved this way, export the document to IDML, open the IDML file as document and save to a new name. I cannot guarantee that all elements can be restored, but maybe you have not to rebuild all of that document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines