• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document is saved on a removable storage device

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update of InDesign (ver 18.2.1) I'm seeing a popup every time I Save or Save As to a "removable storage device".

In this case I'm saving to an external hard drive docked in a 4-bay docking station connected through USB.

Message below pops up:

ArnoEnzo_0-1680115461855.png

I can uncheck the "Don't show again" box all I want, but every time I Save or Save As again, the popup comes back with the "Don't show again" check box checked.

Any idea as to how I get this thing to not show again?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will show up in every session with any device.

You would be safe to package locally and move in the Explorer or Finder the whole package to the stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what is considered "safe" and what people expect I "should" do.
What I'm asking, though, is (despite Adobe thinking I'm some kind of doofus), why when I uncheck the "Don't show again" box, it still shows again every single time (not just every new session, but even when I Save As twice in succession) I save my document.

If Adobe wanted to remind me every single time I save, why did they even bother putting that "Don't show again" check box there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my work drives are external hard drives, so now I get this nag box every save with 19.0 
Never had this issue with earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @grandsonofmrsnak and @ArnoEnzo:

You are posting on a user-to-user forum (expert users volunteering to help other users figure out how to use the InDesign). I'm aware that there is a feature-request tag, but it is included because eventually, we will be able to post feature requests and bug reports here. In the meantime, please post this on https://indesign.uservoice.com to ensure the Adobe engineering team sees it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, was hoping a fellow user might have some insight. BTW, a restart seemed to wrangle the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if something has been changed by Adobe, but I don't have this issue any longer.
InDesign 18.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines