• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The IDML file conversion service not available

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to open my converted idml files from work and open them at home, it gets to 33% but then i keep getting an error message saying The IDML file conversion service is unavailable please try later, any idea when this service will be up and running again!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

There shouldn't be any conversion service necessary if your files are already in IDML format. Just open the up through InDesign and do a Save As back to INDD.

The online conversion is for people with an older version of InDesign installed but have received an INDD file in a new version. See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/opening-indesign-documents-in-previous-versions.html for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jodie,

do you mean you have two differnt main versions of InDesign installed?
The later version at your work? A previous version at home?

And you want to open a document from your work machine in a previous InDesign version at home?

Find one at work who is able to open the document and saves you an IDML file from that.

Or install the same version at homw that you work with on work.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are already idml files which begin opening in my earlier version of InDesign get to 33% then come up wth the error message, I would upgrade my version at home but my operating system isnt good enough to take the latest update unfortunately. It worked the other day fine but today NOT, I wonder if there is a glitch/problem with adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There shouldn't be any conversion service necessary if your files are already in IDML format. Just open the up through InDesign and do a Save As back to INDD.

The online conversion is for people with an older version of InDesign installed but have received an INDD file in a new version. See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/opening-indesign-documents-in-previous-versions.html for more info.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The files are already idml files which begin opening in my earlier version of InDesign get to 33% then come up wth the error message"

Hm. If you get the error message from the conversion service at Adobe you do not try to open an IDML file, but an InDesign document file. Maybe the file suffix was renamed from *.indd to *.idml ? (Renaming the suffix would not transform the document to an IDML file)

Why the conversion service does not work as expected, I do not know.

If you like you could move the file to Dropbox and post a download link here so that I can have a look.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines