• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The latest update has exceeded my computer specs - I have windows 7 - can I backdate it?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I back date the in design programme?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Creative Cloud app, you can go one version back (and uninstall your current version). What version are you looking to install?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can remember InDesign 2020 was the last version compatible with Windows 7 and is no longer available for download. Adobe only makes InDesign 2021 and 2022 available for download and install.

Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 quite some time ago. It's time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My strong opinion - there is no reason to stay with WIN7/XP if you want to use it latest Adobe Software as subscription. Check your purse for the futire upgrade of OS and hardware. 

Even if your old PC works with some scanner/plotter/RIP/other machine your are need new PC. Stay away this old PC with old hardware only for their old tasks without Adobe CC. 

(Link modified by the Moderator ^VS)

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way past time to move on. You should be able to update to Win10 with nothing but beneficial results.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What update, exactly, did you install? My Win7 system was never offered anything beyond version 15...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines