• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my Indesign to 2022 I have been having a nagging issue opening certain files and also packaging the file and PDF's. When I try to save a PDF or package a file that has no "errors", I am prompted with "This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible. Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."

When I go through the document, the images saved locally show up as grey boxes. See images attached

For context everything is stored locally on my laptop, none of the Indesign files or images are stored on a cloud or on a server. Up until today I was running MacOS Big Sur, but updated to the latest OS Monterey 12.3.1

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

---

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

----

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This is also something that I am prompted when I try to open a file that lives locally on my laptop. I am not moving files, I tend to keep all my files organized. Is there a way to revert back to InDesign 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, that you can install and run both versions of InDesign, 2022 and 2021 side by side on the same machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone that can assist on this.
I opened a packaged file I sent to the printer and I am greeted by all of the images missing again. This has never been an issue for me in the past and I need answers as to why this is happening. There are no errors with this document, I do not work on a cloud so all files are local to my machine. I am the only one with access to this file.  This is a 40 page document with over 100+ images. I opened the packaged file and also my local version that was not packaged.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost positive this is a Montery 12.3.1 issue. I use InDesign 2022 (17.2.1) non-stop daily and immediately after installing the new OS I began having this issue. All previously linked image files that are stored locally (but on a connected external drive) display as gray, empty, or as blurred lines shown in the screenshot. Most annoying of all is that the preflight dialog shows no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having the same problem since working with my new mac studio and Montery 12.3.1.

Adobe support Germany says the problem is not in their problem list yet.

I'm working on 2 computers at work and at home and it was never an issue …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines