Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiling windows not using the full area.

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. On a 2015 i7 iMac 27" running Monterey 12.5

When I select Window > Arrange > Tile, the expected behavior is that InDesign will shrink and tile all open windows, using the entire free area within the tools and open palettes. 

Within the last few monhts, suddenly it's not doing that. When I tile it's acting like the screen is smaller and leaves extra space. see the pic. 

I am using a window management program, SizeUp, but test and it doesn't seem to be causing this. Any ideas? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.27.51 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test?

Can you uninstall that window manager completely and try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just set up a brand new computer, a Mac Studio and fresh installs of everything, but have not installed any window manager software this time, and it’s still doing it. When I have the application frame turned on, tiling fills the space, but when I have it turned off (as I prefer), tiling doesn’t fill up the open area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Disclaimer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The information contained in this communication is confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Others are prohibited from taking note of or taking action with respect to the content of this information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby (a): notified that any disclosure, copying and/or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful, and (b): kindly requested to inform the sender immediately and destroy any copies.

Cole Haan LLC and its affiliates do not accept any responsibility and/or liability for the improper and incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines