We can create GREP expressions to find alphanumeric strings and patterns in long documents or multiple open documents. You can enter the GREP metacharacters manually or select them from the Special Characters For Search list. GREP searches are case-sensitive by default.
How to Search using expressions:-
- Select Edit > Find/Change, and select the GREP tab.
- At the bottom of the dialog, specify your search range from the Search menu and select icons to include Locked Layers and Locked Objects, Parent Pages, Footnotes, and other items in the search.
- In Find What, follow any of these options to construct a GREP expression:-
> Enter the search expression manually. (See Metacharacters for searching.)
> Select the Special characters for the search icon to set your search criteria.
- Type or paste the replacement text in Change To.
- Select Find.
- To continue searching, select Find Next, Change, Change All, or Change/Find.