Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title and Footer

Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to write "ARNICA - BOTONY" in the footer but title should be "ARNICA" 

For Example; In the attached screenshot footer is fine but title should be "ARNICA"

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need a lot more details, please.

Are you trying to do this with variables, perhaps? You cannot hide part of the text in the variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are asking here. It sounds like you want to edit some text on the screen. Is that wahat you want to do? Is there some difficulty in that? Tell us what you are doing ,tell us what is happeneing when you do that, and tell us why what is happening is not what you want to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not being clear enough. I used paragraph style "Chapter Title" in the master pages footer text box to appear all the titles associated with this style in the footer. But in the attached screenshot this paragraph style (Chapter Title) is used as title style that is ARNICA now the same title ARNICA is appearing in the footer but the text to be appear in the footer is "ARNICA - BOTONY" 

How Do I Do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It still sopunds to me like you are using a Running Header Variable to populate the footer, and you cannot edit the text inside a variable. One way around this might be to format your "real" chapter titles with a character style on that part you don't want to see that makes the unwanted text invisible on the page, say make it 0.1 pt with a fill color of None. It would still be on the page, and when the variable picks it up the entire paragraph would receive a single format in your footer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines