Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Buttons not showing on "Publish Online" PDF download

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I chose the publish online option for my indesign file. When I am looking at the published newsletter, there is an option to download a PDF version at the bottom of the online version. When I click on that to obtain a PDF version, there are no buttons showing on the TOC. In fact, where the buttons should be it is just blank. I tried adding bookmarks and using the Go to Destination, but they still do not show up.

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thread on the InDesign Uservoice site (where the InDesign team looks for bug reports and feature requests) requesting the downloadable PDF to support interactivity. You can upvote it there and add any additional comments. The original poster's workaround was to create the interactive PDF and add a button in the Publish Online document to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually try to use hyperlinks instead of buttons when I want a downloadable PDF with Publish Online, since you can only choose a Print PDF for download with Publish Online (I know, makes no sense). Please add your vote to User Voice that Myra mentions.

This example document doesn't have a TOC, but all links to following pages and other documents are done via hyperlinks, so the PDF you download works as well. It uses a custom-made Print preset that allows hyperlinks, etc to work. It's also provides examples of some fantastic creative work done with InDesign and Publish Onlne. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines