Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ToC epub in the end of the document

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am trying to add the ToC right after the Bookcover. However after converting the document to the epub, the page in the beginning that is supposed to be Toc is empty and ToC on the last page of the document.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Converting”? Do you mean Export as EPUB? Reflowable EPUB?

Order in Articles panel? Text threaded in frames?

we need some more info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am completely beginner.

Yes, I mean exporting.

It is a reflowable EPUB.

I tried the order in Article panel, after the book cover and the page with all rights reserved, I put the ToC. After exporting, the ToC appeared on the right place but it was not working, because the text of the book after the ToC disappeared. Order based on page layout shows all the text, just the ToC is somehow in the very last page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have content that links from the cover then picks up after the TOC? If so, that is determining the order of objects and is probably causing the TOC to get pushed to the end of the document. Unlink the content so that the story on the cover is it's own and then a new story starts after the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a silly question, but how can I find out if the content is linked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As one of the moderators, my job is to keep topics in the right place. I'm moving this conversation about InDesign EPUB to the appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the frame on the cover with the Selection tool (Black Arrow tool). Choose View > Extras > Show Text Threads. Is there a line connecting the frame on the cover to the frame on the page after the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. No, there is no such a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your to-the-point response. It resolved the issue I was facing recently.

Once again Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the frame on the cover with the Selection tool (Black Arrow tool). Choose View > Extras > Show Text Threads. Is there a line connecting the frame on the cover to the frame on the page after the TOC?

By @Chad Chelius

Thanks a lot for your to-the-point response. It resolved the issue I was facing recently.

Once again Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helo team

i am facing same issue when i export file into epub reflow my toc will move end the page please help

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The TOC page frame must be anchored to the text it is to follow — usually something like the copyright notice.

If the frame is unanchored, it will "fall to the bottom" as unanchored graphics do.

That said, in-text TOCs are something to avoid in e-books. The dynamic TOC can be made much deeper in levels and is instantly at hand no matter where the reader is. Print =/= e-book... respect the medium.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines