Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Indented

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some lines on the TOC are indented. 

If i press delete to take the line back it won't.

If i apply a force line break in the middle of the line, it gets more indented.

Any ideas on how i can solve this?

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 14.04.21.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Thank you for the replies.

No indent was applied and i used my own defined TOC styles.

As you mentioned indent, i had a look and noticed that the alignment was set to right (unintentionally). The issue was solved when i set the alignment back to left.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Never use a force line break here. (And in most cases when it has been used, it should not be used.)
  2. Paragraph Styles: Use a positive right intent, e.g. 10mm and a negative last line right intent e.g. –10mm
    3. If you want to keep some words allways together, use in the original text (probably the headline) a non-breaking space instead of a normal space. You have to update the toc aftr doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that you can, and should define specific styles for each level of the TOC. This is the place to apply all fonts, spacing, indents and (if desired) overrides for the leader tabs and the page numbers.

Leaving TOC styles at the defaults will cause many poor formatting issues.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to a. remove the left indent and b. indent thost two long lines on the right hand side? Here's a quick look at how indents work in InDesign. I'm demoing a left indent, first line indent, right indent and a last line right indent. It looks like you want to remove the left indent, increase the right indent and then add a negative last line right indent.

~Barb

2022-09-23_12-32-49 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the replies.

No indent was applied and i used my own defined TOC styles.

As you mentioned indent, i had a look and noticed that the alignment was set to right (unintentionally). The issue was solved when i set the alignment back to left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines