• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC styles

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Chapter heading that is in Bold text with one word in Bold Italics.

I have created a TOC with chapter heading with TOC Style Regular, I want the Bold Italics text to appear in the TOC in Italics, however it is appearing as Bold Italics. So I really want the TOC to change everything in Bold to Regulat and the Bold Italic to drop the Bold and just be Italics. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply the Bold-Italic manually in your chapter headings? or is it a GREP/Character style automation?

The quickest way would be to have a similar GREP automation if possible.

Otherwise, I would look for a font for the TOC that has a bold and bold-italic that does not look too thick. Basically, fake it.

All that to avoid a manual format, which is your last option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bold italic manually, looks like I might have to do it manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to create a character style which you want to have in the toc and apply it according to the same rules to the toc's paragraph style as it is applied to the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I understand the Chapter heading style has a Bold and I add Italic to the word in Chapet heading that needs to be changed, so that word has Style Bold with addition Italic (Ie Bold Italic). In the TOC style for Chapter heading paragraph style I have Regular style, I assumed it would convert text from Bold to Regular and with theItalic leave that  as just Italic. As far as I can see the TOC style only allows paragraph styles with basic character formats hence Regular that thenseems to overwrite and give me Bold Italic for the text fo the Italic in Chapter heading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines