• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tooltips obscured by cursor when cursor size increased under Accessibility (MacOS)

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID 16.2.1 on MacOS 11.4. All tooltips appear under the cursor, and thus are partially obscured, when I have the cursor enlarged under Accessibility in System Preferences. I've not noticed this before--is this the normal behavior? Had to take a photo because screenshots don't capture the cursor's white outline, which makes the problem worse. Unfortunate for those of us with eye issues.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm in ID 16.2.1 and macOS 11.4 that I can replicate what you have experienced.

But how often do you need to use the Tool Tips? And how many people need to enlarge their cursor? I found I could switch back and forth in about 30 seconds if you have Accessibility Preferences available as an icon in your menu bar so it doesn't seem that would happen very often or is that much of a inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Steve

Good point--I guess I keep tooltips on but rarely need it, and that's only why I noticed this. And thanks for pointing out Accessibility can be added to the menu bar, I hadn't noticed that.

I do think there must be a rising number of people who prefer a larger cursor. If you edit, proofread, and do layout like me, and if you're getting older, like all things in the universe, you will eventually find that in Word the standard cursor size is microscopic. I've had the cursor enlarged for so long that I forgot it wasn't at the default size. 

PSA for anyone who decides to muck about with the cursor size while ID is open--for me it resulted in buggy behavior and the cursor disappearing. Have to restart to see changes properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines