• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking for numerals only

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to apply a specific amount of tracking to numerals only, WITHOUT using a character style? The numerals in my font are just every so slightly too close and I'd like to add a slight bit of tracking between any numeral followed immediately by another numeral. But I don't want to use character styles, so that it doesn't interfere with bold/italic/etc. character styles I'm already using.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Hi @zoopmaster ,

you could accomplish this by using a GREP style in the applied paragraph styles for your digits.

The character style that you have applied directly will not interfere with the character style you will apply through the GREP style of your document.

Here a sample document done with my German InDesign 2022 on Windows 10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zvhbobj6j3jud4/AddTrackingToDigits-INDD-2022.indd?dl=1

AddTrackingToDigitsWithGREPStyle.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you want to use a character style? It would be easy to apply as a GREP style ion your paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I use character styles for bold, italic, bold italic, etc. Are you suggesting I just have bold numeral, italic numeral, bold italic numeral, etc. to complement those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have one character style for only the tracking. Use GREP to apply the style. If there is no conflict with an existing style both will be applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @zoopmaster ,

you could accomplish this by using a GREP style in the applied paragraph styles for your digits.

The character style that you have applied directly will not interfere with the character style you will apply through the GREP style of your document.

Here a sample document done with my German InDesign 2022 on Windows 10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zvhbobj6j3jud4/AddTrackingToDigits-INDD-2022.indd?dl=1

AddTrackingToDigitsWithGREPStyle.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow @Scott Falkner and @Laubender I didn't realize that. Awesome. Thanks y'all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines