• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform individually NOT using percentage?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if I'm completely missing something or there's just a more complicated way or doing this. I'm trying to resize 5 objects so they are all the same size. They are currently all different sizes. When I use Object > Transform > Scale, it defaults to percentage. I change it to the dimensions in pt values. Then when I select the other objects and click "Transform Again Individually" it uses the percent rule and thus the objects remain different sizes. Is there another way to do this?

I know I can do it manually, but I would really like to be able to resize all these objects so they are the same.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale is always percentage? 

Fact that you are using points doesn't change its behaviour - only does the math for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way to resize using point (or other concrete) values?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mmowrer ,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to the suggestions shared above, you can check this similar discussion and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. I am also keeping this discussion open for expert suggestions.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this does not help me as it resizes everything as a percent relative to its original size. If I have 5 objects that are different sizes, transform individually will not make them the same size, but rather 80% of whatever all of their individual sizes are. I am looking to make these 5 objects all the same height and width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the only option would be through scripting... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines