• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translating characters error

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. While I was translating russian texts to german , I had a bug. photo_2022-03-04_15-50-36.jpg

I pasted needed text , but some german letters like Ã¶, ä, ü are apppears as you can see in the picture.?

I was using inDesign CC 2018, but then I installed inDesign 2021 . However, not worked. Who faced same problem like this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Well, that font EurofontC is a Cyrillic knock-off of Eurostile. You could replace it with real Eurostile (which most certainly has the u-with-umlaut) and there'd be no visual difference. However, if your client has insisted that you use EurofontC, then a) your client is a fool, and b) you're going to have to use some pretty poor techniques to fake up those umlauts. These techniques are really fragile (composition by a simple change in font size! among dozens of other potential flaws) so maybe yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pink highlight means that glyphs are missing, but that strange since these glyphs are very common. What font do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I am using font that called ' EuroFontC ' . 

photo_2022-03-04_18-21-31.jpg

But when I changed the selected text font another one , it looks pretty correct.

And Pink colours disappear.

image_2022-03-04_18-37-04.png

Ibrokhim23435710s36c_1-1646401184371.png

How can I appear the hidden signs not using anather font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I changed the selected text font another one , it looks pretty correct.

And Pink colours disappear.

So it means that the ü, ä, ö glyphs do not exist in this font. What do you see in the glyph ânel when you select one of the highlighted character?

How can I appear the hidden signs not using anather font.

It will not be possible if the glyphs are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that font EurofontC is a Cyrillic knock-off of Eurostile. You could replace it with real Eurostile (which most certainly has the u-with-umlaut) and there'd be no visual difference. However, if your client has insisted that you use EurofontC, then a) your client is a fool, and b) you're going to have to use some pretty poor techniques to fake up those umlauts. These techniques are really fragile (composition by a simple change in font size! among dozens of other potential flaws) so maybe you'd be better off doing pretty much anything else:

fakeumlaut.gif

However, once you've made this monstrosity, you can copy it to the clipboard and replace all properly encoded u-with-umlauts with "Clipboard Contents, Formatted" and all you'd have to do would be to correct the post-umlaut kerning. I still think that the only way forward is to use a different font, but You Do You (or what your client wants, if that's what you have ot do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I have learned how to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines