Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparency flattener / export PDF HR indesign

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to undestand why when I make a HR PDF, I have sometimes different preview with my pdf.
When I say preview, I just want to say "spacebar on mac" or preview for my client in Proof HQ (online).

with pdf 1.3, I don't have the problem but the problem is coming with PDF 1.5, 1.6, 1.7...
is it a problem with
- the transparency flattener?
- the standart PDF/X?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Capture 2022-02-03 at 19.10.12.jpgCapture 2022-02-03 at 19.10.06.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been point out over and over and over again, Preview on a Mac is absolutely TRASH!

If you want to supply a PDF for your client to preview, have them open it in Reader or Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, I believe the OP is referring to the Mac ability to enlarge the thumbnail image of a file using the spacebar, not the unfortunately named Preview app. I agree Preview should never be used to view a pdf, but it's an efficient image viewer, and it can sometimes be used to salvage an otherwise corrupt PDF:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/pdf-not-displaying-in-adobe-but-fine-in-browser/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is top image (Indesign view, PDF view, print, etc.) and what is bottom image?

Transparency will be flattened when exporting PDF 1.3, all others PDF versions will retain tranparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

th first image image is a pdf export from indesign (PDF 1.3), the bottom image is also export from indesign (PDF 1.7).

There is not option to export in indesign with PDF higher than 1.3 and transparancy flattened ? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. There is no flattening when exporting to Acrobat 5 or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @berniclown , web browsers and some PDF viewers can have problems rendering complex transparency and certain blending modes. Is the PDF for print or screen viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines