• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent TIFF is interfering with background image

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm tryng to save a TIFF with transparent background in Photoshop so that I can place it on a diffrwnt background in InDesign. But when I place the TIFF in InDesign the colour of the background image slightly changes hue. Whats going on? How can i prevent this from happening?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels visible? 

Is the effect visible in a pdf and if so what are the pdf export settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see this if th images are of two differing color modes, or, if the color mode of the image containing transparency differs from the Transparency Blend Space (Edit > Transparency Blend Space). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I changed the transparency blend space to Document RGB. The background looks good now but I dont know if it will affect the print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now but I dont know if it will affect the print

If there is black only text on a page with transparency it will likely convert to 4-color, which would be a problem on an offset press. Also even with the RGB blend space you should turn on Overprint Preview in order to get a more accurate print soft proof

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the advantage in your workflow of using a transparent TIFF over a native Photoshop file?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines