• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble after Migrating from Google to Microsoft

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company just migrated from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365. Our files were once in a Google Drive, now in a Sharepoint site. Both are/were synced into my Finder. I am now having trouble opening any files from Sharepoint that were created prior to migrating. InDesign will freeze and crash each time. I'm open to any solutions short of restarting my computer, uninstalling/reinstalling InDesign, and deleting InDesign preferences. Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivia32241649sj91,

We are sorry to hear you're having trouble. Would you mind checking if there are any permission issues on the SharePoint site that might be affecting your ability to open or edit files? Since you mentioned that the files are synced to your Finder (assuming you're on macOS), ensure that the syncing process is working correctly.

Does the crash & freeze happen with new InDesign files that are saved to SharePoint?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes - I do have macOS. I have not run into any issues yet saving new files to SharePoint, just opening files (one I worked on 2 days prior to the migration). 

Where can I find the both the permissions and the sync settings?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable any cloud-only smart sync features in Sharepoint/OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Where would I go to disable this feature? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company just migrated from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365

To which I can only offer my condolences for both situations, but weighted towards the latter.

IMO, absolutely no live work from Adobe apps should be done with cloud documents. The putative collaborative, sharing and data safety advantages seem overwhelmed by the day to day hassles and outright crises. It's all a technology still more concerned with the battle for market dominance and preference for one's own apps/files than anything like the magical, wondrous, universal platform of equality it's painted as.

I know, you have no say. But you could implement a local-file-only work policy with only sharing and storage on The Cloud™.Pull and place by folder to a mapped work folder array and it can be trivial.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olivia32241649sj91

Will files open if you copy them to some local folder first - and then open from this folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - unfortunately this tip didn't work either 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - unfortunately this tip didn't work either 😞

By @Olivia32241649sj91

Then - I'm affraid - they are probably damaged? Were not transferred properly?

Can you share some file(s)? 

You can send it to me on priv - please click on my nickname. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what versions of InDesign and macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm using the most recent versions of both (macOS Sonoma 14.5 and InDesign 2024 19.4) I tried to revert back to an older version of InDesign but still running into the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm currently have the same issues. Did you get this fixed? I am at crunchtime for a huge project. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you retrieve the original files (from Google Drive, in the OP's case) to local drives, then if necessary upload them directly to the SharePoint locations? (On top of other issues, I can't see any good outcome from a cloud-based "update" or conversion between the two.)

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortunately no longer have access to the Google Drive. I have tried dragging my files to my desktop from my Sharepoint folder that's synced into Finder, hoping that working locally would solve the issue - but nothing. I also tried to download from the Sharepoint folder in browser to my desktop and also nothing. Strangest part is that the other designers on my team are not having these same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[...] Strangest part is that the other designers on my team are not having these same issues.

By @Olivia32241649sj91

Exactly the same files - or their own files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sadly I have not found a solution yet 😞 Deadlines are approaching for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines