Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Opening Files

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a Message Appear when trying to open up Files in In DESIGN

Could not open because it has been created in a newer version - Adobe InDesign 17.2 You can convert the file etc etc. It give me the option to UPDATE the file or Convert the File but you may lose out content etc.

I have all the latest UPDATES in The Cloud so not sure why I'm having this issue. It only became a problem after the Latest Update. I've tried undoing the Update but it doesn't resolve the issue???

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja und was passiert wenn du die Datei aktualisierst?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same issue.

I have tried to fix it by un installing the Update and have also tried to do the update again and still have the same issue. I had the file opened a few hours before the update with no issues. The problem only started after The Cloud did the update on the IN DESIGN program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes we have more than one version of InDesign installed and don't realize that we in an older one. Please double check that you are actually on 17.2 when you open the file. 

Also, I would go ahead and make a copy of the file and then follow the conversion prompts when the file is opening. Let's see what happens.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good catch @Barb Binder 

The Op can check the version of InDesign by going to Help>About 

Or ensuring they open the correct version of InDesign by opening the application through the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines