Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble opening InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open InDesign on my computer and an Error box pops up saying

"The ObjectModelLib.rsrc plug-in conflicts with ObjectModelLib.rsrc. Try removing one of the two plug-ins from the Plug-Ins folder and restart InDesign."

But the In-Design Plug-in folder is empty.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

InDesign 16.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue!  I'm on a MacBook Pro running MAC OS CATALINA 10.15.7  with software Adobe In-Design 2022 - version 17.4 

ERROR:  

The ObjectModelLib.rsrc plug-in conflicts with ObjectModelLib.rsrc. Try removing one of the two plug-ins from the Plug-Ins folder and restart InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a plugin shipped by Adobe so there should not be two copies of this plugin. This seems to be a case of faulty installation. What i suggest is to do the following

• Uninstall InDesign(you can do so via creative cloud)
  • Once uninstalled check the location where it was installed and if the Adobe InDesign 2022 folder still exists delete it manually, it so happens that uninstallation does not remove the folder and some if its contents if they were added/edited by the user.
  • Once the folder is gone reinstall InDesign and then test.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-----------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. I realized it was a conflict with some files on Icloud. When I turned Icloud off, reinsallted it worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines