• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Creating DCS 2 file in photoshop and placing in indesign

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dont know why this is happening!! please help! So I created this file in photoshop for a college assignment and we need to save the file as a DCS 2.0 file because as you can see in the images there is pantone colours in the file. But when I follow the teachers directions with the file creation and place in indesign, all of the layers dont show up. It is a large file. Does anyone know why it could be happening? I deleted some files on my computer to make space and I also reset the preferences in Indesign, and made sure the pantones are proper spot colours and still did not work.

The DCS 2 file settings are..

spot colours enable is checked

and Tiff 8 bit

single file with colour composite

Binary

and include vector data is checked

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.39.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.38.14 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DCS format? Who the hell teaches you thát for an assignment!?

Save it as .PSD.

Get with the times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked when I saved as psd or pdf so I just sent finished the assignment that way, but he deducts marks for not having the file as DCS 2. it's stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get another teacher, this one is stuck in 35 years old workflows of the previous century...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen printers us it to separate colors for printing. It is also used in offest to create spot PMS colors and farnishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Abuse removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is also used in offest to create spot PMS colors and farnishes.

PSD also has support for Spot Colors. DCS is an EPS format that supports Spot Color, but it has to be flattened when it is saved, which would be a disadvantage if you are using CMYK + Spots.

I’m not seeing a problem placing either format using CC2021:

Screen Shot 29.pngScreen Shot 30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, now that teacher needs a class him/herself very, very soon! OMG... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RegiC002,

FWIW: You may see a correct rendition of the placed EPS if you save it with no preview at all.

You have to check the import options when you place the EPS to enable InDesign to render the preview.

( Just a guess. For the last 10 years or more I did not work with a DCS2 image. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines