Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with object export options window

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

running InDesign 16.1 on a brandnew MacMini M1 with Big Sur 11.2.1. I've encountered some problems with adding alt-tags to pictures for accessibility via the object export options.

1) Frequently, when I want to add a tag manually, the object export options window will not accept me writing or copying text into it, even though the cursor is clearly visible in the entry field. Instead it will paste the text to the document instead, which is really annoying and also could cause text errors in case I overlook it. This can only be resolved by closing and reopening the options window, which is also really annoying when working through a series of pictures to be tagged.

2) Working with two documents and copy/pasting some of the tags I manually entered in one document into the second one, the object export options window will just go blank and not show any content at all anymore in either of its tabs (see screenshot). Closing and reopening the window or even InDesign doesn't solve the issue. Thrashing my preferences did, but that's not really an option to do every 5 min and makes me loose all my other settings as well.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks
Carola

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post makes me think how nice it would be to build a persistent post called, maybe ...

Quick vs Thorough Reset of Preferences in InDesign

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this persistent page qualify as a summary of a Quick vs. Thorough Reset of InDesign?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reset info, however I fail to see the relevance to my post. My installation is fresh, it's a brandnew machine. I did the preferences reset, didn't solve the problem. I don't have any memory or diskspace issues, all is local.

Leaves the corrupted document option, however everything else is right as rain and at least problem 1) has also happened to me on another completely different system, so I don't believe it's my system, my document or the installation causing the issue. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addition: Issue 2) seems to be related to using the object export options window with two documents in parallel tabs. It happens frequently when switching between the documents using the same options window. It has never happened when I stick to just working in one document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening in 2024. Running InDesign 19.2 a M1 Mac Mini and a M1 MacBook Pro - both having glitchy issues with the object export options pane. Ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the issue for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems for years with the Object Export Options dialogue box. Many different InDesign versions and many different operating systems both Windows and Mac. I have to trash my preferences on average about once a month. Problems range from crashing to becoming unresponsive. And why is it still not a proper dialogue box? It can't be resized or added to a toolbox bar. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share a small video capturing the workflow and the issue along with the version of InDesign & OS? We'll try our best to assist you. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines