• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to publish online with videos embedded. Keep getting error code #16.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would really, really appreciate help with this as I have a major deadline for tomorrow and I have been trying to fix this one issue for over 3 hours!

I'm using the current version of InDesign (2023) I have finished an Annual Review and go to publish it online but just keep getting the same error message (see below). I have four videos embedded in InDesign. I thought it might be the size of the videos as it does allow me to publish online without the videos. I have downsized all the videos to SD and halfed the size but it still won't let me publish. The average length of the videos is 3 minutes. 

The other all size of the InDesign file is: 20,500 kb.

I found the recent post about re-starting InDesigning, turning off the firewall etc. Nothing has worked.

HELP! Thanks so much. 

Screenshot Error message.jpg

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the options suggested here: Resolve configuration errors 1, 15, or 16 | Creative Cloud (adobe.com)

Can you share mode details about the videos: format, location (local, same folder as Indd file, server, online), compression method...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, someone reported the same issue here Solved: Indesign Publish Online Tool - Error #16 - Adobe Support Community - 11347969

Can you test the suggested answer and let uis know if that worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric. Appreciate you reaching out.

Yes, saw those posts before and that's what led me to downsample the videos in Media Encoder. I can't go any lower in terms of quality - I'm gutted that it will be in SD anyway.

The videos are all in my root folder. As I was typing this, I tried to export a version without two of the videos and it has worked. All the videos are saved in the same place. It's just really frustrating that it can't seem to cope with four small(ish) videos!! Kind of defeats the point of using the online features.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others who might get the same error message, I think Error #16 is related to the file size of videos, which is really frustrating as Adobe claims there is no file size restriction. I have played around with the four different videos (embedding just 2, then 3, then 4). It has only allowed me to upload 3 SD videos. I tried the same three videos at medium quality and got the error message again. I'll therefore have to stick to 3 SD videos which is disappointing and frustrating, but there we go.

If anyone has any other thoughts or possible solutions, please do let me know.

Thanks so much,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi for reference, can you share the sizes (Mb) of the videos you embedded?

Also, please add an bug ticket to Adobe InDesign (uservoice.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the file size of the three videos that I managed to embed were: 73,907 KB, 156,488 KB, 48,701 KB. The additional SD video that I wanted to include but couldn't was 492,402 KB.

Thanks for suggeting the bug ticket - will do that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines