• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to save an in-progress INDB file with in-progress index

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm creating an index for the first time; this is for a 200+ page book. I've created my book file, put the large source indd file into it, and am well into the indexing.  I need to save and close the files. There's no problem saving the indd file, but after having made extensive index entries, the book file is not allowing me to save it. If I close the files, will my work get lost....or are all the changes actually sitting in the indd file? Help! What do I do here?

Many thanks,

Debra

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Index markers are saved in each individual INDD file. The book file is just a link to bind them together. If you are having trouble with an INDB file, you could delete it entirely and then add your INDD files to a new book. All that will be lost is any book-level preferences you had set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It looked like this was the case but I wasn’t sure. --

Debra Band
(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines