• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type 1 fonts alert show up in documents that do not have type 1 fonts

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My indesign document does not contain Type 1 fonts but I am getting an alert that says there are 21 Type 1 fonts in my document, what do I do to correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first step would be to Save As an idml (InDesign Markup Language) file, then create a fresh InDesign document by opening the idml. This will clear out any accumulated fragments of stale information in the document, and your new version should be noticeably smaller than the old one.

In each of the Character, Paragraph and Object Style panels, choose "Select all unused" from the panel menu and delete the redundant styles. If you see a warning message asking if you want to replace the style with [Basic Paragraph] or [None], choose Cancel, then repeat this step for that panel. Repeat until all the unused styles are gone with no warning messages.

If, after all this, you still get warnings about Type 1 fonts, see if there are any placed graphics (PDF, AI, EPS) that might be hiding them. You would want to replace these with versions that have OpenType or TTF versions of those fonts.

Repeat the Save As idml step to fully clear out any remaining crud, and you should have a good copy of the document going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines