Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Book Pro V 12.0.1, 

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Adobe InDesign V 17.0

Have been on the phone with Adobe and Apple Tech Support for the last 4 days with this issue.

Type disppears when placing where I want it. 

In another text box, when moving around to fit the layout, the type separates and I am not doing anything to make this happen.

Also, there is a thinner box around the text box which no one seems to be able to account for which (to me anyway) is the cause of the issue.  

Other text boxes in this layout have no outer box and the text fits in fine, no disappearing or separating. 

Find a solution Adobe or I'll switch back to Quark Express faster than you may say Steve Jobs. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.0.1 is being rolled out over the next few days. Keep an eye out for it and see if it fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be?

There is text and image wrap around my text boxes and images which I'm not putting there and seeminly cannot control. 

I'm also not able to create PDF's from my document as I get a window stating that links are not working.  I check the document

and the links are perfectly fine. 

What's the number for Quark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Screenshot of "About This Mac." (both Overview and Displays tab)
    • Are you using an external monitor(s)? If yes, with which port and cable combination it is connected.
    • Are you using any external GPU?
    • Does resetting TextEdit preferences on macOS help?
    • Where are you saving the documents & links (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    • Does text disappear while working on a specific file?
    • Please package a sample document, including links & fonts in which you are facing the text disappearing issue, and share the download link here or via DM.
    • Please share the download link of the Preferences folders from the following location:

(~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/)

(~/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign)

This information would help us assist you accordingly.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines