Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit font activation issue

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts! 

The 'background tasks' panel in InDesign is left hanging like the attached, whenever I activate any fonts within Adobe Typekit.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 10.59.58.png

I've been careful to turn off auto-activation and deactivate any fonts within Extensis Suitcase to avoid conflict, and generally font activation seems to work ok. But every now and then, it doesn't, even though the fonts appear to be active within Typekit. I then activate the required fonts through Suitcase (which of course causes a conflict), and subsequently have to deactivate everything, quit out and start again.

This only appears to happen with Typekit fonts – example shown is Agenda, but this happens with others such as Museo Sans Rounded.

It's as if the Adobe services are not talking to the installed software. For context, I'm logged in correctly, with one account, to CC on desktop, and online. Two shots below are of Typekit online and CC font manager.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 10.57.59.pngScreenshot 2021-03-30 at 10.58.35.png

As we speak, things seem to be ok, apart from the background tasks panel doing its thing for no apparent reason. Even when the document in question is closed.

Any thoughts? Particularly any Adobe dudes out there?

Best,

Rob

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be worth adding, I've tried hitting that 'refresh' button next to the red-dotted fonts within CC font manager. But it returns to the same state after a few seconds of telling me it's "reactivating...", even though, on the right-hand side, you can see it's apparently activated.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 11.23.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines