• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typesetting\Book Design Courses (with InDesign preferably)

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

Wondering if anyone can recommend intermediate\advanced online courses in Typesetting\Book Design, preferably using InDesign, but not necessarily (e.g. if it covers more traditional techniques, to increase awareness of the topic).

I've already designed\typeset several commercial titles, but am aware that I'm self-taught, and every so often I find a hole in my knowledge, so am looking to build a more solid base for moving forwards in typesetting and book design more generally.

Preferably I'm looking for courses that you would personally recommend, as I've already found some from Google searching, but hard to tell how good they are.

Any recommendations appreciated!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Hi Richard

The Linkedin Learning online video courses are very good and you can get 30-days free access to try them out.

The Classroom in a Book series, which includes a link to an interactive website, are extremely good.

Of course personal tuition is great, but expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard

The Linkedin Learning online video courses are very good and you can get 30-days free access to try them out.

The Classroom in a Book series, which includes a link to an interactive website, are extremely good.

Of course personal tuition is great, but expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. An initial search in LinkedIn Learning didn't throw up many suitable courses, but I'll have another look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about these?

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 17.38.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first one looked interesting - will have a look at the curriculum, but it might be a little basic, as I'm after something more intermediate\advanced.

There is also a typesetting one with John McWade which looks like a better fit, and John is an excellent instructor.

Thanks again
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines