Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Typing macon a and other glyphs

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

First time poster, but been using InDesign for years but ran across an issue. 

I'm trying to type a macron a "ā" in my document, but not having much luck. I am using a typeface that has the macron mark (Fiendstar) but I keep getting the pink X square. I have got Glyphs and can see the mark there but I have no idea how to access it. 

I'll have to do a find and replace as I have quite a few different glyphs throughout this document, so any time saver would be great. 

Thanks

Paddy

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows or Mac?

In Windows, open your Character Map utility (it's in your Windows Accessories folder, within the program list from your Start button) or use the keyboard shortcut Alt+257 from your keyboard's number pad.

On the Mac, open your Emoji and Symbols Character Viewer (keyboard shortcut Command+Control+Spacebar) click on the icon to the upper-right to expand the panel, select the Latin option in the list to the left and select your macron+a character in the panel.

Note that in either platform, getting that character is dependent on it being available in the font you're using. You may have to substitute a similar font to put that single character in your text.

This should get you what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines