• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new document & Home screen is blank after updating to InDesign v16.3.2 on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start up InDesign, all I get is a grey screen (no toolbars, menus, recent files or windows). When I go to File, New Document, it acts as though a window has popped up but nothing happens. I then can't close InDesign because it says there's a dialogue box open (there isn't). I have to force quit.

I have also tried opening an existing document, which works (yay!). But I get the same issue when trying to create a new document (no window opens, I have to force quit).

The only solution I've found so far is to open an existing document, re-save and alter the layout from there to create my 'new' document. 

{Renamed by MOD}

This seems to have begun since I updated InDesign to v16.3.2

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this hasn't helped unfortunately.

I also cannot save any photoshop files. I can't "save", "save as" or "save copy". Meaning I effectively cannot create .psd files. I'm not even getting an error message, just nothing happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I can understand your frustration. Could you please share a few more details like:

Also, are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, macOS updates, or web extensions installed recently. If yes, then I would suggest you to open InDesign in Safe Mode & Root Account and see how it works there.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines