Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to create new files, or edit old documents in Indesign. MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch the application, the window is blank. Although I can open old documents, I am able to move objects around but unable to delete anything. Whenever I tried to create a new file, the application does not respond, and when I tried to close the application, the message

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 5.24.16 PM.png

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app , deleting and renaming the cache files but its behaviour remains the same.

Here is the window whenever I open indesign. Does anybody have the time to help me out?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 5.20.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chengy65954275:

Take a look at this thread to see if anything mentioned is relevant to your situation:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...

Let us know if anything in here helps or not.

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, if you find the solution to this please get back to me. I'm having the exact same issue and nothing i've been told to try and do is working...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines