• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create password protected PDF from InDesign

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come across InDesign not being able to create a password protected PDF? I was able to do it in the recent past, but now I just get an error messge: 'Failed to Export the PDF file.'

I updated everything that could be updated and rebooted a couple of times with no luck. However, I was able to password protect the file directly from Acrobat DC, but I don't want this to be the new norm for obvious reasons.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaleValet ,

just tested the export to a password protected PDF with my German InDesign 2023 version 18.1 on Windows 10.

All is working as expected.

Maybe something else is not working with your PDF export?
Did you try the export from the same document without any password?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What preset did you use? Any X-setting (PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 or PDF/X-4) does not permit exporting protected PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willi,

if any kind of PDF/X is selected under Standard in the PDF Export dialog one is not able to define any security settings. All the options are simply grayed out. So I think, this cannot be the issue here.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines