• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enable GPU Performance settings

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a problem with Indesign related to GPU settings and would love some help.
I mainly work with Photoshop and Illustrator, and so far I have had no issues with those applications making use of the GPU preview on my system. I recently installed Indesign and seemingly don't have access to any GPU related options or functionality. The GPU Performance tab that's supposed to be in Preferences is missing-

gerdaskr_tamk_1-1618243598739.png

The only tutorial I can find for enabling those preferences says to click a GPU Performance icon (looks like a rocket ship) on the "application bar" to see them, but I can not find that anywhere on the UI-

gerdaskr_tamk_0-1618243491059.png

I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 on a Windows 10 system. Indesign is the most up to date CC version at this time, 16.1. I will happily provide more info if necessary for a solution.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021
That is Mac only for InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Great thanks Bob we know that, so is that Adobes repsonse as well. Sorry folks you will have to use Indesign without any GPU help so struggle away guys. Believe it or not but some designers prefer to use PC's as the performance is far better on the bigger machines such as what I have. I run 3D builds and renders without issues but with Indesign and its useless performance now, used to be ok, it is now effecting a lot of PC users... So why don't they have this GPU accelerator on PC's. Tell me tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Mac only for InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, wonderful. Thank you for the prompt answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks Bob we know that, so is that Adobes repsonse as well. Sorry folks you will have to use Indesign without any GPU help so struggle away guys. Believe it or not but some designers prefer to use PC's as the performance is far better on the bigger machines such as what I have. I run 3D builds and renders without issues but with Indesign and its useless performance now, used to be ok, it is now effecting a lot of PC users... So why don't they have this GPU accelerator on PC's. Tell me that Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since 6 months after a update the setting option is missing. Since then my display shows over the CPU a lot of errors. I want that feature back because working with that errors is frustrating. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines