• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export PDF file in InDesign v16.2.1 on macOS Mojave v10.14.6

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my InDesign software to the most recent version (16.2.1) and now InDesign won't let me export files to PDF, whether it's interactive or print. The files I am trying to export, I have exported before so I know it's not a file size or image downsampling issue. I have restarted my computer, which did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign, which also did not help. I am on a MacBook Pro using macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6. Any help would be appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall usually doesn't remove the files that might be causing issues. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before you do that - try resetting your preferences

The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.

If it's just 1 pdf - then I'd try to Export the file to IDML - open and save as an InDesign file - then try again.

If it's all PDFs then try steps above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tracey,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to some specific documents? If yes, could you please share any one of those documents with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you trying to export the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Also, you may try saving the document as an IDML document, renaming it, reopening it, and exporting it as a PDF/X-4. See if this resolves the issue.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines