• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install InDesign CS6

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to re-install Indesign CS6 to my new computer. I logged into my adobe account. It shows under "Products". I download it and run it. When it asks for my serial number I enter the one that shows in my adobe account but it says invalid product key. I chatted with support and they confirmed my key is valid and then they suggested I post here. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021
They should not have sent you here. Nobody here can help.

What I can tell you is that CS6 is not supported under any modern Mac or Windows operating system. CS6 is now nine years old.

You are, effectively, on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should not have sent you here. Nobody here can help.

What I can tell you is that CS6 is not supported under any modern Mac or Windows operating system. CS6 is now nine years old.

You are, effectively, on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your System? (OS and machine) out of curiousity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a brand new Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to upgrade, I'm afraid. You're not going to get any support for CS6 on a new Windows 10 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the off chance it's an error typing the number, try copy/paste from your Adobe Acct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both hand keying it in and copy and pasting it. Thank you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. this is going to be an uphill climb for you with likely no prize at the end.

If you do a "googly search" you can find all sorts of people offering suggestions and manual tweaks to make it work. The most common of which is to make sure you installed it as an Admininistrator in Compatibility Mode, but even these ideas are a few years old now and maybe not successful with each Win10 update. My guess is your serial invalidation situation is due to old code fragments that Win10 does not like/run.

Time, indeed, to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the helpful responses given earlier, I'd recommend you to check out Srishti Bali's response on this community post. It gives the detailed information with regards to older version installation. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines