• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign after latest update.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having problems starting up their apps every time Adobe updates them?  I found I am unable to restart Illustrator, Photoshop and now InDesign. This never happened before until the 2024 version.  I don't know who they hired to work on the apps but they totally suck.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why there's a pop at the end to the hardworking people who provide software.

There aren't a lot of these posts and most people update no problems whatseover. 

If it was an epidemic then the forums would be flooded.

Lets start with a few basics to help you out 

Firstly - you can turn off automatic updates in Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

And can you share your system details?
What version of Adobe?
What is your OS and version number?
How much RAM and disk space have you got?

Are all your drivers up to date?

Here are some things you can try 

-

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

---

Rollback to a previous InDeisgn version

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#:~:text=Open%20the%20Cr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been restarting rebooting all morning since this stupid update. Whoever the hard working people are, they aren't doing it for me. I've been a 20 year user of Adobe products and this is the worse group of people.

I'm using the current Creative Cloud version.  It just hangs there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not staff - I'm a user just like you.

And I've never experienced what you are experiencing - and I've been using Adobe software since 1997 - and InDesign since 2001. 

In light of our experience, can you please go through what I asked and answer the questions - and also try the solutions - so that we can narrow down what's not working for you and how it can be fixed. 

It might not even be Adobe, sometimes 3rd party apps cause havoc - for me WebRoot caused all sorts of issues.

It's very difficult to know how to help - if you can be more forthcoming and less abusive that would be great.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @westamp,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing a crash on launch. We would love to investigate the issue. Would you mind telling us if you are working on a Mac or Windows machine? Please share the version of InDesign installed on your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines