Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch InDesign 2021 on macOS

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an issue with Indesign 2021 not launching. When I first start the program, the loading screen comes on before the software is launched, the icon for the app is bouncing up and down then suddenly everything stops and nothing appears. I can't open existing files and I can't start new ones. If I click "show all windows" just a grey box pops up.

I tried deleting and redownloading Indesign twice, including deleting all of my preferences, but nothing has helped. Any suggestions? This is extremely frustrating being that I can't work.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. In addition to the question asked above by @Steve Werner,  I would request you to share a few more details like:

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • A screenshot of the gray box
  • Are you able to launch other Creative Cloud apps?
  • SPX file. Here are the steps:
    - Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report (This will lau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Were you ever able to get this version to launch? Did you make any system changes which might have had an effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. In addition to the question asked above by @Steve Werner,  I would request you to share a few more details like:

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • A screenshot of the gray box
  • Are you able to launch other Creative Cloud apps?
  • SPX file. Here are the steps:
    - Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report (This will launch the System Profiler)
    - Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
    - Then open (https://assets.adobe.com/files)
    - Click on three dots next to SPX file uploaded > Share > Copy Link and paste it here.
  • Did you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the app?

Also, I would suggest you to try the steps shared on this page first (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and let us know if you are able to launch InDesign in Safe Mode or Root Account.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines