Unable to move an object out of this templat

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello InDesign community,

My name is Daniel.  I'm a conference organizer and new to Adobe InDesign.  I am working on creating a poster that announces one of my event and I'm stuck with a template that is not easy to modify.

Here is my specific problem: the page number at the bottom left of my template is the page number of this complex object,  See the number 3 on my screen capture.  I just can't remove that element.  I've tried the usual trick of using the two pointer arrows to get to the back of that template and I just can't suceed.

It is hard for me to explain since English is not my mother tongue, yet I hope some one with a big heart can help me on this one.

Daniel.

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]
TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Parent/Master page for the template -- the page number is probably on there. You can remove all page numbers from the document from the Parent / Master page or if it's just a particular one on a particular document page use Cmd + Shift click for Mac or for Windows Ctrl + Alt click.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Derek Cross and thank you for your reply.

I searched and also tried Cmd + Shift click yet I was unsuccessful.  What blocked me what your explanation of the Cmd + Shift click where I dont know what you mean by 'click'.  Yes, I use a Mac and I need more precision if I can trouble you to show me or explain me differently what you mean please.  English is not my first language and I'm new at MacIntosh'es, may be that is the problem.  I add a screen capture of where I was looking for to unlock the template... without success.

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>where I dont know what you mean by 'click'.

Made me laugh! If you press your finger on your mouse buttom you click.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks,  I know I make people laugh sometimes. That is the cost of my dislexia and english not being my mother thong.  Tks @Frans v.d. Geest for your help and patience.

Daniel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Made me laugh in a good way 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn diese Seitennummerierung nicht auf der Musterseite sein sollte, dann kontrolliere mal in deiner Ebenenpalette! Entweder ist die Ebene mit einem Schloss-Symbol blockiert oder das Objekt selber. Du könntest auch im Menü „Objekt“ > „Alles auf Druckbogen entsperren“ gehen...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke aniri5j9ox8tw2ln, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast zu antworten. Ich musste einen Übersetzer verwenden, um Ihre Antwort zu lesen, und ich verstehe, was Sie vorschlagen. Ich habe jedoch nach „Menü - Objekt“ gesucht und konnte den Ort nicht finden, an dem die Ausbreitung entsperrt werden kann. Hier in meiner Bildschirmaufnahme sehen Sie die Auswahlmöglichkeiten der Panel-Optionen nicht, wo ich dachte, ich hätte gefunden, wonach ich suche. Ist es möglich, dass der Eigentümer der Vorlage (im Vorlagenbereich, das Symbol besagt, dass die besagte Vorlage kostenlos war) um Geld bittet?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You select the folio you want to remove and then Cmd + Shift then the Delete keyboard button to remove it.

By the way, the pink background indicates you haven't got those fonts installed – change them to typeface you do have installed (or download new fonts).

Is this document for a digital publication, such as InDesign's Publish Online?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Öffne dein Palettenfenster, ist hier eine Ebene gesperrt? (Schloss-Symbol)

Du kannst auch wenn du willst hier dein Dokument hochladen, dann könnten wir uns die Datei mal anschauen!

aniri5j9ox8tw2ln_0-1659007199409.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks @aniri5j9ox8tw2ln

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines