Exit

Unable to open files in InDesign 2021

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My InDesign is open, but it won't open any files. I have tried:

1. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

This doesn't work either. I have installed and reinstalled it 3 times. Restarted my computer and nothing....

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

What ID version?

Which mthods did you try to open INDD files? Drag and Drop? Open Dialog? Double Click? …

Are the files local or on a remote server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked by @Willi Adelberger:

• Screenshot of the error
  • Share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I hope your issue is resolved by now.

If you still have such issues, please share the information asked by Willi & Anshul. Additionally, please try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines