• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to recognize font in the document by using find-change option in InDesign

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team are having problems with multiple documents all of which use Twinkl font in a variety of weights and are made from templates with paragraph styles set up. When we try to use find-change, it does not detect the font. 

1.jpg3.jpg

2.jpg

I have tried adding the font files into InDesign's own font folder but it makes no difference.

If I run a find change to replace all characters with Twinkl font, then it will recognise it, but the paragraph styles all show as modified. Also, this is not a good solution if multiple different fonts are used.

I simply don't understand what's going on! Please help!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JaxGirl74,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will try our best to help. We would request you to please share a few more details like-

• The OS and the InDesign version
  • Is it possible for you to share the font file with us so that we can check at our end?
  • Have you checked if they are any pending font updates?

We will try our best to investigate the issue on our end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Harshika! 

Windows 11 Home Version 21H2

InDesign 17.2.1 x64

Font files attached

No font updates pending

Worth mentioning that we have the same issue across multiple computers, both MAC and PC, I myself had the same problem on Windows 10. It definitely became more prevalent after people started updating to InD 17 but I couldn't say for definite if that is the cause.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Would you mind checking if you've any pending InDesign updates available on the Creative Cloud desktop? If yes, please update InDesign and let us know if that helps.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've had a week annual leave. 

I had updated InDesign when trying to solve this as I read that there were fixes for font things in the the latest version. I've just checked again and seen a further update so installed that but the problem remains the same. I've attached a copy of an indesign doc ahowing the problem - find and replace detects no fonts!

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines