• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize text in text boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I've found some similar threads but no solutions for my issue yet. Well it's actually for a friend, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. She's having issues scaling text within a text box using the cmd + shift shortcut. It resizes the text box, but the text stays the same size.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does she press first on the keyboard, then start to drag the text frame?

Also, if you start to drag to fast, it does not work. Press the keys and hold on a second or so before dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I also gave it a go and it didn't work but works on mine. Also just tried pressing the keyboard before clicking and after clicking and does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure that the Regular Selection tool is chosen in the Tool Panel. If one of the Frame tools is selected using Command-Shift and dragging on a Frame corner will only open the Frame and not enlarge the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's selected. But I also tried having the frame tools selected and using the shortcut on my computer (which works) and it still resizes the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's working on your computer and not on hers then it may be a problem that deleting her Indesign preferences might help. To delete the preferences on a Mac: Open a Finder Window in column view and click on your Home folder. With the option key pressed select Library under the Finder Go menu and follow the screen shot below and trash the two highlighted files. Make sure that InDesign is closed when you do this.

DELETE PREFS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to enlarge text I insert the the text curser into the type I want to enlarge and hit command + A to select all; then I use the shift+commant+great than (>) symbol to enlarge. If I want smaller type I use the less than symbol (<).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlock from Fluid box is an option under properties.  Once I turned that on I was able to resize the text boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign? Where is Fluid Box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is within Properties > Options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines