• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save documents in InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community, sometimes a bug does not allow me to save or save as documents in InDesign.

What to do?

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 14.30.02.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

To reset your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on the Adobe InDesign icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting InDesign back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Mac Os High Sierra 10/13/6
570 GB Available of 1/03 TB
InDesign cc 2019
I did not try to resetting InDesign back to the factory defaults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on the Adobe InDesign icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, I'll try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I tried your solution but it still doesn't work. I am using Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1, InDesign 17.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact problem. I've been running InDesign on a brand new Suite computer, Ventura 13.4.1, just installed the latest 18.5 InDesign update and now can't "Save" or "Save As" any of my work...not even when I create a new document. The above steps DID NOT work for me. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign, no luck. HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed by resetting preferences. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign... ) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exactly this happened to me yesterday was it because of a preferences problem or was it because I didn't know that until the new beta version ID didn't work in/on a cloud?

I have InDesign chapters of a book sitting in Google Drive which is where I have been working on them. It never occured to me that ID didn't function in a cloud. Should I be using the new beta version? I am confused about what is going on and what I should be doing so any advice would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta versions are for testing, you shouldn't rely on them for stability for important work. Have you made any incrementally saved backup versions of your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines