• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Began getting this error message and am unable to save InDesign files: InDesign is unable to save this file. We tried, but it appears damaged. There are many older posts about htis, but nothing very recent. I cannot save AS, not will it create an IDML file. Running current InD 2021 on Mac OS 11.2.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only happening with a specific document? Or does this happen even with a brand new one?

can you confirm you completely unistalled the application and use the Adobe Cleaner utility.

have you tried your file to open/save on a different computer? 
I had a similar issue in the past when a plug-in was not working anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric

It has been happening with any file I have tried to open and save. I was able to start a new file and save it, thoguh. But as printers, we have htousands of cliwnt files that mostly need minor edits, so most of our work is resaving old files.

I have not used the Adobe Cleaner Utility - but will try that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines