Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see all the fonts in my InDesign file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all

I was wondering if someone could help with somnething I just do not understand in InDesign.

On opening InDesign, we see the banner at the bottom listing Type 1 fonts ued in the document - for example a file I have here states 27 type 1 fonts in document - clicking on the little link in the banner under the 27, it opens the font find/replace pane - it lists 5 fonts in the document.

The raw data lists 27 fonts, many of which are not used in the document, the preflight in InDesign only lists the 5 fonts in use as displayed by the find/replace font pane.

Where are these other fonts coming from in the meta data of the file, and is there any way to list only the actual used fonts within that meta data/raw data?

Any help would be brilliant 🙂

Thanks

Noel

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Or, specified in a style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they embedded in other files that linked to your document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, specified in a style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not in linked files, but are in styles - thank you! least I know where they are coming from now.

Leads me to now ask: is there a way to identify only those fonts that the find/replace font pane lists - the actual fonts in use in the document - in the raw data/meta data of the Ind file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to 17.2? I believe false notifications of Type 1 fonts has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Thanks for the replies to my earlier post, following on from that, now its etablished the additional fonts under the 'type 1' banner and in the raw data are being pulled from unsed style shhets -

Leads me to now ask: is there a way to identify only those fonts that the find/replace font pane lists - the actual fonts in use in the document - in the raw data/meta data of the Ind file?

thanks

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not start by deleting the unused styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have over 400 files which I am trying to find a way to see which fonts are used in the actual document, and of those which are type 1, without having to open each file manually...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines