• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unavailable font issue

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm working on a document that has a separate cover file from the body. In the body I am able to use a particular font. In the desire to have some continuity between the two files, when I attempt to use the same font, on the cover, the font is not available. I've checked the character attributes for each file and there is nothing amiss in either document. Has anone come across this issue? HELP!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information:

Your System. Your App version, Name of the font. Are you using a font manager? Is it actiavted from the cloud etc etc.

This usually sounds like an activation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font in a "Document fonts" folder for the first file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beat me to it Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I type fast. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the new avatar, by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some quick questions and a guess as to what is happening:

Is the "body" document in a Packaged folder (with Document Fonts) and the "cover" is not?

If that's the case, try dragging the "cover" layout to the Packaged folder and reopen.

My guess is this font is not available on your computer except in this Packaged folder.

This could be totally wrong, but I'm trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And the winner is... the body file was opened from a packaged folder where the font resided. The cover file was also from a packaged folder...but it used a different sans serif typeface. The font (for those inquiring Slate Pro), is not on my desktop because my desktop was replaced at the start of the year, so all the fonts on the older desktop were lost.  Installed all the fonts from the old desktop...problem solved. Should have thought of the before. Thanks everyone for their input.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines